Tutorial – Filling in the Gaps¶
We are going to look at pretty much the simplest calculation possible – adding two numbers together. First, we will look at the problem, discuss how to design the program, and have a go at filling in the gaps in some incomplete code. The last tutorial was all about workflow, so now we’re taking the first step towards writing and debugging your own programs.
What we will do¶
- Look at a possible solution for a simple addition problem
- Fork our tutorial materials repo
- Fill in the gaps in our incomplete code example
- Test your complete code in your Go environment
- Check the code for compatibility with the Reconfigure.io compiler and simulate running the code on an FPGA
- Compare your code with ours
This tutorial assumes you have already run through our first tutorial: Tutorial – Setup and workflow.